Friday, September 10, 2010

Homeschool 2010-2011 Part 2

Besides Homeschool Tracker Plus, I have two other favorite tools this year.
Speaking of Tools...
One is my alarm clock that I've had since high school (gasp!).  It's amazing how long something can last if you never use it.  I've learned that I can't depend on M to wake me up in the morning.  He always says something like, "You looked so peaceful," or "You were sleeping so deeply and you could probably use the extra sleep."  That's very very sweet of him, but it knocks my whole day off if I stay in bed for an extra 30 minutes.  Plus, I could sleep all day and still need extra sleep.
...F with a hammer is a scary thought
The other tool is a handy dandy timer that I can wear around my neck.  As long as I remember to put it on in the morning, I can keep track of time and my schedule.  I can put kids on a time out and remember where they are when I hear a beep.  I can set the timer when I'm online for five minutes and make myself stop when my time is up.  I can let F play with the buttons and get a few more minutes of read out loud time with the older kids.
Doesn't OSHA have some rule about this?
Stay tuned for Part 3... Individual Plans!