Sunday, September 19, 2010

Once A Pawn A Time...

...I taught my boys to play chess using this cute game.  IJ, the insufferable know-it-all, got sent back to bed because he thought he knew it all (and he's going through this really sassy, disrespectful phase).  S patiently sat through the story of how all the pieces move and how to set up the board.  Then we played a game where I just barely beat him!

Now IJ is out of his room and the boys are playing against each other.  I hear them changing the rules, forgetting how pieces move, and "I got his king!" without hearing a "check" first.  The funniest thing I've heard is "Eegl-leegl-moo!" which is S-ish for illegal move.  And did you know that rooks screech as they go sliding across the board?  I have to go referee.  Things are getting crazy!