Friday, September 17, 2010

The New Carpet

I've been waiting for this day since I learned I was going to live at Twin Firs.  Sigh... I love the new carpet (and plastic off-gas) smell... I stretched out on the carpet last night, listening to In the Name of Beethoven by Alex Masi, until my nostrils burned and my lungs ached...but strange enough, my head felt clearer than it had in days.
I really like how open the living room looks without furniture!
Stuff has already piled up in the living room, waiting for M to get home from work and decide its ultimate fate...the dump or Goodwill?
Simple, elegant, and functional-just don't try to stand on that stool!
I hear, "Be careful with those camel saddles!  They're not toys!"  Well, if they aren't being used to ride real camels through Egypt, why can't they be used to ride imaginary camels through imaginary Egypt?  It's that or...the dump!  It's not like they could be useful for anything considering we have no camels to ride!