Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ancient India

How about a homeschool post?  We are touching on Ancient India for a few days before we get back to Rome.  According to our book, the women of India were the first to use lipstick (but I'm pretty sure the ancient Egyptians did as well).  Men wore nail polish to attract women and show how brave they were.  The older kids were not interested in this style of hands-on history, but Fiona would never turn down makeup.  Ever.  She cannot wait until she is old enough to wear makeup and high-heeled shoes.
Unfortunately, the only color lipstick I have is bright, bright red.  I only have it because we used it for clown makeup last Halloween! 
Daniel is my brave warrior...but being two-almost-three and Daniel, he wanted what Fiona had as well...
...he is a very ugly girl.  When I told him that, he got angry with me and said, "No, I'm a very ugly BOY!"  (He had a bath right away and is looking himself once more)
Fiona is very expressive, both in face and in action.  The black and white edit makes the lipstick a little less...scary...and returns her to a more innocent age.  Some of the pictures I snapped make her look waaaay too old and grown up.  In fact, I asked her to look like a grown up and this is what she did:

This picture is her favorite:
Yikes!