Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dirty Laundry

I give myself permission to post the following dirty laundry *wink*.  This morning, I pulled this shirt, freshly laundered, out of my dryer:
This used to be Ian's best church shirt when he was three.  Obviously Daniel ruined it.  I am at peace with the fact my boys destroy their clothes (we do live in a big dirt pit with all the bulldozing we have going on), but man, this dirt spot was awful.  Can you see the strange spiral shape above? Right before I left for dance, I drizzled some stain remover I bought from Costco on the shirt.  When I got home and rinsed it off (no scrubbing!) I could see the clean spiral-shaped path!
I added a second drizzle and scrubbed half the shirt.  I was totally amazed at how quickly the dirt disappeared!  That lady at Costco was not lying!
A few minutes later, the whole shirt was presentable!  I haven't even washed it yet.  I am so amazed at what this awful chemical could do to a shirt that was headed to the garbage can!  Now what should I do? Pollute the environment with chemicals to preserve a shirt or pollute the environment buying new shirts and throwing destroyed ones away?  Choices, choices.