Saturday, March 23, 2013

Seriously Spring!

Time to plant trees!
Mark went up to Bellingham yesterday to pick up his annual tree order (the trip deserves its very own post).
Planting buddies
He took the two girls and Daniel into the woods this morning...
My favorite spring wild flower...
...and a springtime wild girl!

 ...and then after I got home, Mark rototilled the small garden because I brought home some rhubarb and asparagus and...
Mark works while...
...Lula watches!
 ...some meat chickens!  Wilco had a deal where you could get five free cornish cross with the purchase of a 50lb bag of chick food.  We got 20 birds and 200lbs of food.  I also caved on three americauna chicks.  I'll go back in a few weeks for turkeys!

Spring Ritual: De-spidering muck shoes!
Today's weather is absolutely gorgeous!  We've spent most of the days working on trees, chickens, and...
...playing in the dirt...
...looking at bugs...
...and looking for spiders!
We seriously love spring here!